(1) A visitor shall file a report in writing with the court within 15 days after the visitor is appointed. The court may grant additional time for filing the visitor’s report upon a showing of necessity and good cause.
(2) The report of the visitor appointed at the time a petition is filed requesting the appointment of a fiduciary must include the following:
(a) A statement of information gathered by the visitor relating to the correctness of the allegations contained in the petition, whether the appointment of a fiduciary is necessary and whether the nominated fiduciary is qualified and willing to serve.
(b) The name, address and telephone number of each person interviewed for the report, the date of the interview and the relationship of the person interviewed to the respondent.
(c) The recommendations of the visitor with regard to the suitability of the nominated fiduciary, any limitations that should be imposed on the fiduciary and the need for further evaluation.
(d) The recommendation of the visitor on any issue the court specifically asks the visitor to investigate regarding the propriety of appointing a fiduciary for the respondent.
(e) The visitor’s determinations required by ORS 125.150 (Appointment of visitors).
(f) Any express communication made by the respondent relating to the desires of the respondent regarding representation by counsel.
(g) Any express communication made by the respondent with respect to whether the respondent is willing to attend a hearing, wishes to contest the appointment of a fiduciary, objects to the nominated fiduciary or prefers another person act as fiduciary.
(3) The State Court Administrator may prescribe one or more forms to be used by visitors for filing their reports.
(4) As soon as possible after a report is filed with the court under the provisions of this section, the clerk of the court shall mail copies of the report to any person who has filed with the court a specific request for a copy of the report. A request made under ORS 125.060 (Who must be given notice) (3)(b) does not meet the requirements of this subsection unless the request specifically requests a copy of the visitor’s report.
(5) The visitor must be present at the hearing on any objections to the appointment of a fiduciary. A visitor is entitled to reasonable compensation for attendance at the hearing. The court shall notify the visitor of the time and place of any hearing on objections to the appointment. [1995 c.664 §17; 2003 c.227 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.