Definitions for ORS 116.303 to 116.383
(1) "Estate" means the gross estate of a decedent as determined for the purpose of federal estate tax and the estate tax payable to this state under ORS 118.005 (Definitions for ORS 118.005 to 118.540) to 118.540 (Department agreements with taxing officials of other states).
(2) "Person" means any individual, partnership, association, joint stock company, corporation, government, political subdivision, governmental agency or local governmental agency.
(3) "Person interested in the estate" means any person entitled to receive, or who has received, from a decedent or by reason of the death of a decedent any property or interest therein included in the decedent’s estate. It includes a personal representative, guardian, conservator or trustee.
(4) "State" means any state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
(5) "Tax" means the federal estate tax and the estate tax payable to this state under ORS 118.005 (Definitions for ORS 118.005 to 118.540) to 118.540 (Department agreements with taxing officials of other states), and interest and penalties imposed in addition to the tax. [1969 c.591 §194; 1977 c.666 §32; 2011 c.526 §21]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.