Direct request for recognition and enforcement of order
(1) A petitioner may file a direct request seeking establishment or modification of a support order or determination of parentage of a child. In the proceeding, the law of this state applies.
(2) A petitioner may file a direct request seeking recognition and enforcement of a support order or support agreement. In the proceeding, ORS 110.655 (Registration of Convention support order) to 110.669 (Language of filed record) apply.
(3) In a direct request for recognition and enforcement of a Convention support order or foreign support agreement:
(a) A security, bond or deposit is not required to guarantee the payment of costs and expenses; and
(b) An obligee or obligor that in the issuing country has benefited from free legal assistance is entitled to benefit, at least to the same extent, from any free legal assistance provided for by the law of this state under the same circumstances.
(4) A petitioner filing a direct request is not entitled to assistance from the administrator as defined in ORS 25.010 (Definitions for support enforcement laws).
(5) ORS 110.645 (Definitions) to 110.669 (Language of filed record) do not prevent the application of laws of this state that provide simplified, more expeditious rules regarding a direct request for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support order or foreign support agreement. [2015 c.298 §66]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.