(1) “Application” means a request under the Convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) “Central authority” means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in ORS 110.503 (Definitions) (5)(d) to perform the functions specified in the Convention.
(3) “Convention support order” means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in ORS 110.503 (Definitions) (5)(d).
(4) “Direct request” means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor or child residing outside the United States.
(5) “Foreign support agreement” means:
(a) An agreement for support in a record that:
(A) Is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin;
(B) Has been:
(i) Formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal; or
(ii) Authenticated by, or concluded, registered or filed with a foreign tribunal; and
(C) May be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal; and
(b) A maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the Convention.
(6) “United States central authority” means the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. [2015 c.298 §62]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.