to 107.735 (Duties of State Court Administrator) or 163.738 (Effect of citation). I have never received a dishonorable discharge from the Armed Forces of the United States. I am not required to register as a sex offender in any state. I understand I will be fingerprinted and photographed.
Legal name ____________
Age ______ Date of birth ________
Place of birth ____________
Social Security number ___________
Proof of identification (Two pieces of current identification are required, one of which must bear a photograph of the applicant. The type of identification and the number on the identification are to be filled in by the sheriff.):
Height _____ Weight _____
Hair color _____ Eye color _____
Current address ________
(List residence addresses for the
past three years on the back.)
City _____ County _____ Zip _____
I have read the entire text of this application, and the statements therein are correct and true. (Making false statements on this application is a misdemeanor.)
(Signature of Applicant)
Approved ___ Disapproved ___ by ___
Competence with handgun demonstrated by _____ (to be filled in by sheriff)
Date _____ Fee Paid _____
License No. _____
(5)(a) Fees for concealed handgun licenses are:
(A) $15 to the Department of State Police for conducting the fingerprint check of the applicant.
(B) $50 to the sheriff for the issuance or renewal of a concealed handgun license.
(C) $15 to the sheriff for the duplication of a license because of loss or change of address.
(b) The sheriff may enter into an agreement with the Department of Transportation to produce the concealed handgun license.
(6) No civil or criminal liability shall attach to the sheriff or any authorized representative engaged in the receipt and review of, or an investigation connected with, any application for, or in the issuance, denial or revocation of, any license under ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) to 166.295 (Renewal of license) as a result of the lawful performance of duties under those sections.
(7) Immediately upon acceptance of an application for a concealed handgun license, the sheriff shall enter the applicant’s name into the Law Enforcement Data System indicating that the person is an applicant for a concealed handgun license or is a license holder.
(8) The county sheriff may waive the residency requirement in subsection (1)(c) of this section for a resident of a contiguous state who has a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need.
(9) For purposes of subsection (1)(c) of this section, a person is a resident of a county if the person:
(a) Has a current Oregon driver license issued to the person showing a residence address in the county;
(b) Is registered to vote in the county and has a voter notification card issued to the person under ORS 247.181 (Voter notification card) showing a residence address in the county;
(c) Has documentation showing that the person currently leases or owns real property in the county; or
(d) Has documentation showing that the person filed an Oregon tax return for the most recent tax year showing a residence address in the county.
(10) As used in this section, "drug diversion program" means a program in which a defendant charged with a marijuana possession offense completes a program under court supervision and in which the marijuana possession offense is dismissed upon successful completion of the diversion program. [1989 c.839 §8 (166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) to 166.293 (Denial or revocation of license) enacted in lieu of 166.290); 1991 c.67 §38; 1993 c.732 §2; 1993 c.735 §4; 1995 c.729 §6; 1999 c.1052 §6; 2001 c.104 §56; 2003 c.166 §1; 2005 c.22 §115; 2007 c.368 §2; 2009 c.595 §113; 2009 c.826 §§7,10; 2011 c.547 §§33,34; 2013 c.243 §§4,5; 2013 c.360 §§8,9; 2013 c.591 §§6,7; 2014 c.62 §§1,2; 2015 c.50 §§15,16; 2015 c.201 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.