Maintenance and improvement of units
(1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6) of this section and any additional limitations contained in the declaration or bylaws, a unit owner:
(a) May make any improvements or alterations to the unit of the unit owner that do not impair the structural integrity or mechanical systems of the condominium or lessen the support of any portion of the condominium.
(b) After acquiring an adjoining unit or an adjoining part of an adjoining unit, may submit a written request to the board of directors for permission to remove or alter any intervening partition or to create apertures therein, even if the partition in whole or in part is a common element.
(2) The board of directors shall approve the change unless it determines within 45 days that the proposed change will impair the structural integrity or mechanical systems of the condominium or lessen the support of any portion of the condominium.
(3) The board of directors may require the unit owner, at the expense of the unit owner, to submit an opinion of a registered architect or registered professional engineer that the proposed change will not impair the structural integrity or mechanical systems of the condominium or lessen the support of any portion of the condominium.
(4) Removal of partitions or creation of apertures under subsection (1) of this section is not an alteration of boundaries.
(5) A unit owner shall make no repair or alteration or perform any other work on the unit which would jeopardize the soundness or safety of the property, reduce the value thereof, impair any easement or hereditament or increase the common expenses of the association unless the consent of all the other unit owners affected is first obtained.
(6)(a) Unless otherwise provided in the declaration or bylaws, a unit owner may not change the appearance of the common elements or the exterior appearance of a unit without written approval of the board of directors of the association.
(b) Notwithstanding a contrary provision in the declaration or bylaws, the approval of the board of directors under paragraph (a) of this subsection may be conditioned upon requirements, including assignment of responsibility for maintenance or repair.
(7) Unless otherwise provided in the declaration or bylaws, a unit owner is responsible for the maintenance, repair and replacement of the unit. [Formerly 94.265; 2007 c.410 §15; 2011 c.532 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information