Interest of units in common elements
(1) Each unit shall be entitled to an undivided interest in the common elements in the allocation expressed in the declaration. Such allocation shall be expressed as a fraction or percentage of undivided interest in the common elements. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the allocation of undivided interest of each unit in the common elements as expressed in a declaration shall not be altered unless all unit owners having an interest in the particular common element agree thereto and record an amendment to the declaration setting forth the altered allocation of each unit having an interest.
(2) The sums of the undivided interest in the common elements shall equal one if stated as fractions or 100 percent if stated as percentages.
(3) The undivided interest in the common elements shall not be separated from the unit to which it appertains and shall be conveyed or encumbered with the unit even though such interest is not expressly mentioned or described in the conveyance or other instrument.
(4) The common elements shall remain undivided and no unit owner shall bring any action for partition or division of any part thereof, except as provided in this chapter. Any covenant to the contrary is void.
(5) Notwithstanding subsections (1) and (3) of this section, except where expressly prohibited by the declaration or bylaws, the right of use of any unit in a limited common element may be transferred to any other unit. Such transfer shall occur only if the existing unit owner and all mortgagees of the unit for which the right of use of the limited common element is presently reserved and the unit owner to whom the right of use is being transferred agree to and record an amendment to the declaration setting forth the transfer.
(6) Notwithstanding subsections (1) and (3) of this section, in the case where a single unit is originally designed and constructed to be two or more separate hotel, motel or other similar living accommodations with separate bathrooms and separate entrances from a hallway, balcony, staircase or other common element, the owner, or owners, with the consent of the holder, or holders, of any recorded mortgage or lien on the unit, may separate such unit into two or more units each having such separate bathrooms and entrances from such common elements. Such persons may divide between such separate units the allocation of the common elements assigned to the original unit on substantially the basis that the square footage of such separated units bears to the total square footage of the original unit by recording an amendment to the declaration signed by such owner, or owners, of original unit together with an amendment to any plat and floor plan of such original unit recorded pursuant to ORS
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information