- • executive sessions
(1)(a) All meetings of the board of directors of the association of unit owners shall be open to unit owners except that, in the discretion of the board, the board may close the meeting to unit owners and meet in executive session to:
(A) Consult with legal counsel.
(B) Consider the following:
(i) Personnel matters, including salary negotiations and employee discipline;
(ii) Negotiation of contracts with third parties; or
(iii) Collection of unpaid assessments.
(b) Except in the case of an emergency, the board of directors of an association shall vote in an open meeting whether to meet in executive session. If the board of directors votes to meet in executive session, the presiding officer of the board of directors shall state the general nature of the action to be considered, as precisely as possible, when and under what circumstances the deliberations can be disclosed to owners. The statement, motion or decision to meet in executive session must be included in the minutes of the meeting.
(c) A contract or an action considered in executive session does not become effective unless the board of directors, following the executive session, reconvenes in open meeting and votes on the contract or action, which must be reasonably identified in the open meeting and included in the minutes.
(2) The meeting and notice requirements in this section may not be circumvented by chance or social meetings or by any other means.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, board of directors’ meetings may be conducted by telephonic communication or by the use of a means of communication that allows all members of the board of directors participating to hear each other simultaneously or otherwise to be able to communicate during the meeting. A member of the board of directors participating in a meeting by this means is deemed to be present in person at the meeting.
(4) In condominiums where the majority of the units are the principal residences of the occupants, meetings of the board of directors shall comply with the following:
(a) For other than emergency meetings, notice of board of directors’ meetings shall be posted at a place or places on the property at least three days prior to the meeting or notice shall be provided by a method otherwise reasonably calculated to inform unit owners of such meetings.
(b) Only emergency meetings of the board of directors may be conducted by telephonic communication or in a manner described in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) Subsection (4)(a) of this section first applies to property submitted to the provisions of this chapter prior to October 3, 1979, upon receipt by the board of directors of the association of unit owners of a written request from at least one unit owner that notice of board of directors meetings be given in accordance with subsection (4)(a) of this section.
(6) As used in this section, "meeting" means a convening of a quorum of members of the board of directors at which association business is discussed, except a convening of a quorum of members of the board of directors for the purpose of participating in litigation, mediation or arbitration proceedings. [Formerly 94.164; 1999 c.677 §49; 2001 c.756 §43; 2003 c.569 §33; 2009 c.641 §28; 2011 c.532 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.