Property submitted to unit ownership by declaration
- • executors of declaration
- • conflict between this chapter and ORS chapter 65
(1) In order to submit any property to the provisions of this chapter, the declarant shall record a declaration in the office of the recording officer of every county in which such property is located. The declaration shall comply with ORS 100.105 (Contents of declaration) and shall be executed in accordance with subsection (2) of this section and acknowledged in the manner provided for acknowledgment of deeds.
(2) If the declarant is not the fee owner of the property, the fee owner and the vendor under any instrument of sale shall also execute the declaration for the purpose of consenting to the property being submitted to the provisions of this chapter.
(3) If the condominium contains any variable property, the holder of any mortgage or trust deed shall also execute the declaration for the purpose of consenting to the property being submitted to the provisions of ORS 100.005 (Definitions) to 100.627 (Electric vehicle charging stations) and the terms and conditions of the declaration and bylaws.
(5) The provisions of and rights conferred by ORS 100.005 (Definitions) to 100.910 (Use of fees) shall not be varied or waived except as expressly provided in those statutes. A declarant shall not act under a power of attorney or use any other device to evade the limitations or prohibitions in the declaration, bylaws or ORS 100.005 (Definitions) to 100.910 (Use of fees).
(6) If the provisions of this chapter and the provisions of ORS chapter 65 apply to an association and the provisions conflict, the provisions of this chapter control. [Formerly 94.023; 2003 c.569 §22]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information