Payment of per diem and mileage fees by state
- • payment of other expenses
(1) The per diem fees, mileage and expenses due to each juror in the circuit court shall be paid by the state from funds available for the purpose. Payment shall be made upon a certified statement, prepared by the clerk of court, showing the number of days each juror has served and the amount due each juror for mileage and other expenses.
(2) If a jury in the circuit court is provided food, drink, lodging or transportation by order of the circuit court, the cost thereof shall be paid by the state from funds available for the purpose.
(3) Each circuit court shall offer each juror the opportunity to waive receipt of the per diem and mileage expenses otherwise payable to the juror for the purpose of funding Judicial Department programs and activities identified by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. All amounts waived by a juror under the provisions of this subsection are continuously appropriated to the Judicial Department programs and activities that are identified by the Chief Justice for receipt of the waived amounts, and may be used only for the purposes of those programs and activities.
(4) This section does not apply to mileage and other expenses of jurors reimbursed by a county as provided in ORS 10.061 (Fees payable to jurors) (4). [1981 s.s. c.3 §43; 1985 c.703 §8; 1999 c.1085 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.