2011 ORS § 807.725¹
Issuance of fictitious driver licenses and identification cards
- • rules
- • fees
(1) If requested to do so by a law enforcement agency, the Department of Transportation may issue or renew a fictitious driver license or identification card for a law enforcement official for use in discharging the undercover criminal investigative duties of the law enforcement agency.
(2) The fees for issuance and renewal of a fictitious driver license or fictitious identification card issued under this section shall be the fees established for issuance and renewal of a driver license under ORS 807.370 (License, endorsement and permit fees) and 807.375 (Additional fee for collection and verification of biometric data) or the fees established for issuance and renewal of an identification card under ORS 807.410 (Fees).
(3) The department may determine by rule:
(a) What is considered a law enforcement agency for the purposes of this section; and
(b) The criteria for making a request under this section.
(4) The department may maintain a driving record under ORS 802.200 (Required records) for a fictitious driver license or fictitious identification card issued under this section.
(5) All information submitted to and maintained by the department regarding the true identity of a law enforcement official under this section is confidential. The department may only disclose information regarding the true identity of a law enforcement official to a law enforcement agency upon request. [2009 c.258 §4]