2013 ORS § 8.435¹
Certificate of certified shorthand reporter
- • prohibition on use of title certified shorthand reporter unless certified
(1) The certificate of certified shorthand reporter shall be granted to any person who meets the requirements of ORS 8.415 (Definitions for ORS 8.415 to 8.455) to 8.455 (Advisory committee, membership) and policies of the State Court Administrator.
(2) Any person who has received from the administrator a certificate of certified shorthand reporter shall be styled and known as a certified shorthand reporter and may also use the abbreviation of C.S.R.
(3) A certificate shall be renewed regularly as provided by policies of the administrator.
(4) Certificates issued by the administrator may be renewed upon payment of the fee established under ORS 8.445 (Fees), completion of established continuing education requirements and compliance with the code of conduct policy as established by the administrator.
(5) A person may not assume or use the title or designation certified shorthand reporter or the abbreviation C.S.R. or any other title, designation, words, letters, abbreviation, sign or device tending to indicate that the person is a certified shorthand reporter unless the person has received a certificate as a certified shorthand reporter under ORS 8.415 (Definitions for ORS 8.415 to 8.455) to 8.455 (Advisory committee, membership) and policies of the administrator that is not revoked, suspended or lapsed. [Formerly 703.406; 2013 c.155 §5; 2013 c.470 §3]