2013 ORS § 79.0512¹
UCC 9-512. Amendment of financing statement
(1) Subject to ORS 79.0509 (UCC 9-509. Persons entitled to file a record), a person may add or delete collateral covered by, continue or terminate the effectiveness of, or, subject to subsection (5) of this section, otherwise amend the information provided in, a financing statement by filing an amendment that:
(a) Identifies, by its file number, the initial financing statement to which the amendment relates; and
(b) If the amendment relates to an initial financing statement filed or recorded in a filing office described in ORS 79.0501 (UCC 9-501. Filing office) (1)(a), provides the information specified in ORS 79.0502 (UCC 9-502. Contents of financing statement) (2).
(2) Except as otherwise provided in ORS 79.0515 (UCC 9-515. Duration and effectiveness of financing statement), the filing of an amendment does not extend the period of effectiveness of the financing statement.
(3) A financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds collateral is effective as to the added collateral only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
(4) A financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds a debtor is effective as to the added debtor only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
(5) An amendment is ineffective to the extent it:
(a) Purports to delete all debtors and fails to provide the name of a debtor to be covered by the financing statement; or
(b) Purports to delete all secured parties of record and fails to provide the name of a new secured party of record. [2001 c.445 §83; 2003 c.14 §27]