2015 ORS § 778.008¹
Port of Portland granted powers of ports formed under ORS chapter 777
- • exceptions
- • additional powers
(1) ORS 777.005 (Definitions for ORS 777.005 to 777.725 and 777.915 to 777.953) to 777.050 (Operation and effect of proclamation), 777.110 (Contracts with federal government), 777.120 (Ports authority over harbors, wharf lines and navigation), 777.132 (Authority of ports to distribute water) to 777.165 (Vacancies), 777.210 (Port may engage in certain port management activities), 777.220 (Port may collect certain fees from port users) and 777.405 (Deposit and disbursement of moneys) to 777.435 (Levy, assessment and collection of taxes) do not apply to the Port of Portland.
(2) Subject to subsection (1) of this section, the Port of Portland has all powers possessed by ports formed under ORS 285A.666 (Definitions for ORS 285A.666 to 285A.732) to 285A.732 (Short title), 777.005 (Definitions for ORS 777.005 to 777.725 and 777.915 to 777.953) to 777.725 (Borrowing money to pay bonus), 777.915 (Definitions for ORS 777.915 to 777.953) to 777.953 (Annexation) and 777.990 (Penalties).
(3) ORS 777.530 (Special assessments for local improvement) and 777.535 (Installment payment of special assessment) apply to the Port of Portland and the Port of Portland has all powers granted to other ports under ORS 777.530 (Special assessments for local improvement) and 777.535 (Installment payment of special assessment).
(4) The Port of Portland shall do such things, perform such duties and exercise such powers as it may be authorized or empowered to do, perform or exercise by any Act of the legislature passed for that purpose, though not directly in amendment of this chapter. The powers granted by this chapter are in addition to other powers granted by law to the port.
(5) In addition to such other duties, functions and powers as may be imposed upon the Port of Portland, the port may make recommendations to the Oregon Board of Maritime Pilots. [1971 c.728 §116; 1987 c.775 §7; subsection (3) enacted as 1989 c.644 §5]