2011 ORS § 776.015¹
As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Board means the Oregon Board of Maritime Pilots.
(2) Licensee means an individual licensed under ORS 776.115 (Powers and duties of board).
(3) Organization of pilots means any legal entity or association to which licensees belong as members, or with which licensees are associated, that is formed for cooperative performance of functions including, but not limited to, the dispatching of licensees and trainees, collection of pilotage fees, ownership and operation of pilot boats, distribution of earnings of licensees and trainees, and education and training so as to facilitate the rendition of pilotage services by individual licensees and trainees.
(4) Pilotage, piloting or to pilot means the actions of a licensee or trainee in assisting the master of a vessel under ORS 776.405 (License required) while the vessel is on, approaching or departing a pilotage ground, and the associated communication with the vessel.
(5) Trainee means a person the board has licensed under ORS 776.300 (Trainee license) and who has met the requirements of ORS 776.540 (Security required of licensees and trainees). [1957 c.448 §1; 1981 c.88 §2; 1983 c.330 §1; 1993 c.741 §110; 1993 c.796 §1; 2001 c.403 §1]