2015 ORS § 750.321¹
- • maintenance of capital and surplus
(1) Benefit plans issued by a trust must provide for a charge or deposit payable in cash and, except as provided in this section, for an assessment against member employers for purposes of subsection (2) of this section at least equal to one months contribution by the employer. The assessment may be prefunded. A member employer may not be liable under this subsection for an amount greater than the charge or deposit required in the plan.
(2) If at any time the capital and surplus of the trust are less than the requirement of ORS 750.309 (Requirements for trust), the trust must immediately collect from member employers upon each plan a sufficient proportionate part of the amount assessable under subsection (1) of this section to restore the amount of capital and surplus required. An assessment of an employer under this subsection may not exceed the amount provided in the plan for an assessment for purposes of this subsection.
(3) In addition to assessments that may be collected under subsection (2) of this section, in the event of liquidation of a multiple employer welfare arrangement trust, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services, acting in the capacity of receiver, may assess member employers an amount necessary to pay outstanding claims and costs necessary to administer the liquidation proceedings. An assessment of an employer under this subsection may not exceed the amount of one months contribution by the employer.
(4) A member employer of an association or group shall not be liable for any part of an assessment imposed under subsection (2) or (3) of this section in excess of the amount demanded within one year after the termination of the member employers participation in the plan. [1993 c.615 §13; 2001 c.318 §18]
Note: See note under 750.301 (Definitions for ORS 750.301 to 750.341).