2013 ORS § 732.616¹
Reorganization involving organization of stock holding company
- • subsidiaries
(1) Upon the effective date of a reorganization involving the organization of a stock holding company, the membership interests of all members of the converting mutual insurer, whether or not eligible members, shall be extinguished, and the eligible members of the converting mutual insurer shall be entitled to receive the consideration described in ORS 732.612 (Consideration for membership interest in converting or reorganizing mutual insurer) in accordance with the plan.
(2) The stock holding company and any direct or indirect subsidiary of the stock holding company shall be organized at the time or times set forth in the plan.
(3) As part of the plan of reorganization or in a separate transaction after the effective date of the reorganization, a stock holding company may organize one or more direct or indirect subsidiaries to conduct noninsurance business or businesses. The subsidiaries may be affiliated with the converted stock insurer or any direct or indirect parent corporation of the converted stock insurer.
(4) Shares of capital stock or other securities of the converted stock insurer, the stock holding company or any direct or indirect subsidiary of the stock holding company may be issued or sold in accordance with the plan or after the effective date of the reorganization.
(5) Unless otherwise specified in the plan, the directors and officers of the converting mutual insurer shall serve as directors and officers of the stock holding company and any direct or indirect subsidiary of the stock holding company until new directors and officers are elected.
(6) The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services retains jurisdiction over the stock holding company and any direct or indirect subsidiary of the stock holding company as provided in this section and as provided in ORS 732.517 (Purpose of ORS 732.517 to 732.546) to 732.592 (Recovery from parent corporation or holding company if domestic insurer ordered into liquidation or rehabilitation). [1997 c.771 §8]