2013 ORS § 731.426¹
Duration of suspension
- • insurers obligations during suspension period
- • reinstatement
(1) In an order suspending the certificate of authority of an insurer, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may provide that the suspension expires at the end of a specified period or when the director determines that the cause or causes of the suspension have terminated. During the suspension the director may rescind or shorten the suspension by further order.
(2) During the suspension period the insurer shall not solicit or write any new business in this state, but shall file its annual statement and pay fees, licenses and taxes as required under the Insurance Code, and may service its business already in force in this state, as if the certificate of authority had continued in full force.
(3) Upon expiration of a specific suspension period, if within such period the certificate of authority has not terminated, the insurers certificate of authority automatically shall reinstate unless the director finds that the cause or causes of the suspension have not terminated, or that the insurer is otherwise not in compliance with the requirements of the Insurance Code, and of which the director shall give the insurer notice not less than 30 days in advance of the expiration of the suspension period.
(4) When the director determines that a suspension should expire because the cause or causes have terminated, the director shall reinstate the certificate of authority of the insurer unless the certificate of authority has expired within the suspension period.
(5) Upon reinstatement of the insurers certificate of authority, the authority of its insurance producers in this state to represent the insurer shall likewise reinstate. The director promptly shall notify the insurer and its insurance producers in this state of record in the Department of Consumer and Business Services, of such reinstatement. If pursuant to ORS 731.422 (Order of suspension, revocation or refusal) the director has published notice of suspension, in like manner the director shall publish notice of the reinstatement. [1967 c.359 §91; 1989 c.700 §1; 2003 c.364 §70]