2013 ORS § 713.140¹
Contents of application for certificate of authority
- • rules
- • authority to transact business under other laws
(1) To procure a certificate of authority to conduct banking business in this state, an out-of-state bank or extranational institution shall apply to the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services. The application must state:
(a) The name, in accordance with the provisions of ORS 713.130 (Name of out-of-state bank or extranational institution).
(b) The state or country under the laws of which the out-of-state bank or extranational institution is organized.
(c) The date of organization.
(d) The period of duration of the out-of-state bank or extranational institution, if the duration is not perpetual.
(e) A mailing address to which the director may send notices.
(f) The address of the main office of the out-of-state bank or extranational institution in the state or country under the laws of which the out-of-state bank or extranational institution is organized.
(g) The name of the proposed registered agent and the street address in this state of the proposed registered office that will receive service of process for the out-of-state bank or extranational institution.
(h) The names and addresses of the president and secretary of the out-of-state bank or extranational institution.
(i) Additional information that the director by rule requires.
(2) The director may prescribe and furnish forms for the application. The president or a vice president and secretary or an assistant secretary of the out-of-state bank or extranational institution shall sign the application.
(3) The out-of-state bank or extranational institution shall also take the steps necessary to become authorized to transact business:
(a) If a corporation, as a foreign corporation under ORS chapter 60;
(b) If a limited partnership, as a foreign limited partnership under ORS chapter 70;
(c) If a limited liability company, as a foreign limited liability company under ORS chapter 63; or
(d) If a business trust, as a business trust under ORS 128.560 (Business trust described) to 128.600 (Filing, service, copying and certification fees).
(4) If the out-of-state bank is an unincorporated company, partnership or association, the out-of-state bank shall register the out-of-state banks name as an assumed business name as provided in ORS chapter 648. [1989 c.324 §59; 1997 c.631 §295; 2011 c.263 §7]