2011 ORS § 701.330¹
Consumer notice form
- • notice of procedure form
- • rules
(1) The Construction Contractors Board shall adopt by rule a consumer notice form designed to inform a property owner or original purchaser of the actions the property owner or original purchaser should take to protect the property owner in a residential structure or zero-lot-line dwelling repair, remodel or construction project or to protect the original purchaser in a residential structure or zero-lot-line dwelling construction project. The form shall briefly describe and identify additional sources of information regarding:
(a) Contractor licensing standards;
(b) Contractor bond and insurance requirements;
(c) The requirement to offer a warranty under ORS 701.320 (Offer of warranty); and
(d) Other information specified by the board.
(2) The board shall adopt by rule a notice of procedure form that briefly describes and identifies additional sources of information regarding the procedure described under ORS 701.560 (Definitions for ORS 701.560 to 701.595 and 701.605) to 701.595 (Failure to follow notice of defect procedure) and other information specified by the board.
(3) The consumer notice form and notice of procedure form adopted by the board shall include signature lines for the contractor and for the property owner or original purchaser.
(4) The board shall adopt rules specifying the time and manner for a contractor to deliver a consumer notice form and notice of procedure form.
(5) The board may adopt rules that require a contractor to maintain evidence of delivery of the consumer notice form and notice of procedure form and that specify the retention period for and the form of that evidence. [2007 c.648 §14; 2009 c.409 §4]