2011 ORS § 701.124¹
Key employee continuing education
(1) A commercial general contractor level 1 or commercial specialty contractor level 1 shall have a key employee, or combination of key employees, who completes at least 40 hours of continuing education per year.
(2) A commercial general contractor level 2 or commercial specialty contractor level 2 shall have a key employee, or combination of key employees, who completes the equivalent of at least 16 hours of continuing education per year.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, if a commercial general contractor level 1 or commercial specialty contractor level 1 has no more than four key employees, the contractor shall have a key employee, or combination of key employees, that completes continuing education each year equivalent to the number of key employees multiplied by eight hours.
(4) Continuing education may be provided by post-secondary institutions, trade schools, trade associations, professional societies, private companies, public agencies, business associations and contractor-provided in-house training programs. Continuing education topics may include, but need not be limited to, construction means, methods and business practices.
(5) A contractor applying for renewal shall certify the number of continuing education hours completed during the preceding licensing period.
(6) A contractor subject to this section shall maintain records of the continuing education completed by key employees.
(7) This section does not apply to a commercial contractor:
(a) That is subject to regulation under ORS 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractors license) or 480.510 (Short title) to 480.670 (Civil penalty for Boiler and Pressure Vessel Law violations) or ORS chapter 693; or
(b) As provided by rule by the Construction Contractors Board. [2007 c.836 §9]