2011 ORS § 692.393¹
Execution of inspection warrant
- • presentation of credentials
- • authority and purpose
- • time of expiration
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, in executing an inspection warrant, the person authorized to execute the warrant shall, before entry, make a reasonable effort to present the persons credentials, authority and purpose to an occupant or person in possession of the place designated in the warrant and show upon request to the occupant or person in possession of the place the warrant or a copy thereof.
(2) In executing an inspection warrant, the person authorized to execute the warrant need not inform anyone of the persons authority and purpose, as prescribed in subsection (1) of this section, but may promptly enter the designated place if it is at the time unoccupied or not in the possession of any person or at the time reasonably believed to be in such condition.
(3) A peace officer may be requested to assist in the execution of the inspection warrant.
(4) An inspection warrant must be executed and returned to the magistrate by whom it was issued within 10 days from its date, unless such magistrate before the expiration of such time, by indorsement thereon, extends the time for five days. After the expiration of the time prescribed by this subsection, the warrant unless executed is void. [1987 c.252 §7]