2013 ORS § 692.010¹
As used in this chapter:
(1) Board means the State Mortuary and Cemetery Board.
(2) Cemetery means any one, or a combination of more than one, of the following, in a place used, or intended to be used, and dedicated, for cemetery purposes:
(a) A burial park, for earth interments;
(b) A mausoleum, for crypt interments;
(c) A columbarium, for permanent cinerary interments;
(d) A scattering garden or other designated area above or below ground where a person may pay to establish a memorial of cremated remains; or
(e) A cenotaph, the primary purpose of which is to provide an area where a person may pay to establish a memorial to honor a person whose remains may be interred elsewhere or whose remains cannot be recovered.
(3) Exempt operating cemetery means an operating cemetery that has 10 or fewer interments annually.
(4) Final disposition means the burial, interment, cremation, dissolution or other disposition of human remains authorized by the board by rule.
(5) Holding room means a room that is located in a licensed facility for the care, storage or holding of dead human bodies prior to effecting disposition.
(6) Immediate disposition company means any business licensed under this chapter, other than a licensed funeral establishment, where a licensed funeral service practitioner operates the business of immediate final disposition and where business records are kept.
(7) Operating cemetery means a cemetery that:
(a) Performs interments;
(b) Has fiduciary responsibility for endowment care, general care or special care funds; or
(c) Has outstanding preneed service contracts for unperformed services.
(8) Rental cover means a partial enclosure that appears similar to a casket that is utilized for viewing purposes and surrounds the burial or cremation container. [Amended by 1957 c.596 §1; 1983 c.810 §3; 1985 c.207 §7; 1987 c.252 §10; 1989 c.177 §1; 1997 c.638 §2; 2001 c.224 §1; 2007 c.436 §1; 2009 c.709 §1]