2015 ORS § 678.245¹
Definitions for ORS 678.245 to 678.285
(1) Ambulatory surgical center has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(2) Anesthesiologist means a physician who has completed a residency program in anesthesiology that meets or exceeds the standards adopted by the Oregon Medical Board.
(3) Certified registered nurse anesthetist means a registered nurse licensed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing as a certified registered nurse anesthetist.
(4) Hospital has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(5) Medical collaboration means approval of the anesthesia plan by an anesthesiologist and an anesthesiologist being readily available during the administration of anesthetic agents until the patients post-anesthesia condition is satisfactory and stable.
(6) Office means a location other than an ambulatory surgical center or hospital at which medical, surgical or dental services are rendered.
(7) Physician means a doctor of medicine or osteopathy licensed in Oregon under ORS chapter 677.
(8) Procedure means surgery, labor and delivery or other medical services in a hospital or ambulatory surgical center rendered by a physician or other health care provider qualified by appropriate state license and hospital or center privileges or hospital or center written authorization to render such services. [1997 c.575 §1; 2013 c.406 §1]
Note: 678.245 (Definitions for ORS 678.245 to 678.285) to 678.285 (Board regulation of nurse anesthetists) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 678 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.