2011 ORS § 671.310¹
Definitions for ORS 671.310 to 671.459
(1) Board means the State Landscape Architect Board.
(2) Design means layout, form and establishment of grades and tangible site features for services described in subsection (5) of this section.
(3) Landscape architect means an individual who engages in the practice of landscape architecture.
(4) Landscape architect in training means a person registered as a landscape architect in training under ORS 671.316 (Registration requirement for practice of landscape architecture) (3).
(5) Landscape architecture or the practice of landscape architecture means the performance of, or offer to perform, professional services that have the dominant purpose of landscape preservation, development and enhancement, including but not limited to reconnaissance, research, planning, landscape and site design, the preparation of related drawings, construction documents and specifications and responsible construction observation. Landscape architecture or the practice of landscape architecture includes the location, arrangement and design of tangible objects and features that are incidental and necessary for landscape preservation, development and enhancement.
(6) Landscape preservation, development and enhancement means:
(a) The preservation and aesthetic and functional enhancement of land uses and natural land features;
(b) The location and construction of aesthetically pleasing and functional systems, approaches and settings for structures, roadways and walkways or other improvements for natural drainage and erosion control;
(c) Design for trails, pedestrian systems, plantings, irrigation, site lighting, grading and drainage and other site features;
(d) Investigation, selection and allocation of land and water resources for appropriate uses;
(e) Feasibility studies;
(f) Formulation of graphic and written criteria to govern the planning and design of land conservation programs;
(g) Preparation, review and analysis of master plans for land use and development;
(h) Production of overall site plans, plans for grading, drainage, irrigation and planting, and related construction details;
(i) Development specifications, cost estimates and reports;
(j) Collaboration in the design of roads, bridges and structures with respect to the functional and aesthetic requirements of the areas where the roads, bridges and structures are to be placed;
(k) Negotiation and arrangement for execution of land area projects; and
(L) Field observation of land area construction, restoration and maintenance.
(8) Site features means constructed surfaces, steps, retaining walls, fences, arbors, trellises, benches, decks, fountains, ponds, waterways, pools or other physical elements constructed or proposed for construction in the landscape. [1961 c.431 §1; 1963 c.580 §31; 1981 c.536 §1; 1983 c.455 §1; 1987 c.414 §42; 2001 c.950 §11; 2003 c.14 §413]