2013 ORS § 671.010¹
Definitions for ORS 671.010 to 671.220
(1) Architect means an individual qualified and registered to practice architecture under ORS 671.010 (Definitions for ORS 671.010 to 671.220) to 671.220 (Civil penalties), a consulting architect or a foreign architect.
(2) Board means the State Board of Architect Examiners.
(3) Building means any structure consisting of foundations, floors, walls and roof, having footings, columns, posts, girders, beams, joists, rafters, bearing partitions, or a combination of any number of these parts, with or without other parts or appurtenances thereto.
(4) Consulting architect means a person who is licensed or registered by a jurisdiction in the United States or Canada to use the title of Architect and engage in the unlimited practice of architecture and who is not subject to practice restrictions as the result of disciplinary action by any architect licensing or registration board.
(5) Firm means a corporation, limited liability company or partnership operating under a corporate or assumed business name and engaging in the provision of architectural services.
(6) Foreign architect means a person who is licensed or registered by a country other than the United States or Canada to use the title of Architect and engage in the unlimited practice of architecture and who is not subject to practice restrictions as a result of disciplinary action by the architect licensing or registration board issuing the license or registration.
(7) Practice of architecture means the planning, designing or observing of the erection, enlargement or alteration of any building or of any appurtenance thereto other than exempted buildings.
(8) Registered professional engineer has the meaning given that term in ORS 672.002 (Definitions for ORS 672.002 to 672.325).
(9) State building code has the meaning given that term in ORS 455.010 (Definitions for ORS chapter 455). [Amended by 1957 c.408 §1; 1961 c.585 §1; 1977 c.803 §1; 2003 c.763 §1; 2013 c.196 §1]