2015 ORS § 670.306¹
Administrative officers for boards
- • other employees
(1) Subsections (2) and (3) of this section shall apply only to the following professional licensing boards:
(a) State Board of Architect Examiners.
(b) Construction Contractors Board.
(c) State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying.
(d) State Landscape Architect Board.
(e) State Landscape Contractors Board.
(f) State Board of Tax Practitioners.
(2) A board shall fix the qualifications of and appoint an administrative officer. The determination of qualifications and appointment of an administrative officer shall be made after consultation with the Governor.
(3) An administrative officer of a board shall not be a member of that board.
(4) Subject to the applicable rules of the State Personnel Relations Law, the board shall fix the compensation of its administrator, who shall be in the unclassified service.
(5) Subject to applicable rules of the State Personnel Relations Law, the administrative officer shall appoint all subordinate employees, prescribe their duties and fix their compensation. [1973 c.659 §2 (enacted in lieu of 670.305); 1975 c.429 §7; 1975 c.464 §1; 1981 c.821 §2; 1987 c.414 §96; 1993 c.744 §242; 1995 c.79 §338; 1997 c.3 §3; 1997 c.21 §2; 1999 c.59 §199; 1999 c.322 §41; 2007 c.768 §67; 2015 c.451 §23]