2015 ORS § 660.339¹
- • confidentiality
- • when records available for inspection or release
- • rules
(1) All participant records maintained by the local workforce investment boards or any public or private agency involved in Title I-B programs shall be confidential and except as provided in ORS 660.300 (Definitions for ORS 660.300 to 660.364) to 660.364 (Financial incentives and comprehensive strategies to promote green economy and green technology and innovation) shall be open for inspection only in accordance with rules adopted by the Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development.
(2) A participant may provide written consent for the examination or release of any record pertaining to the participant.
(3) All information contained in participant files shall be available for inspection by the participant and by the participants parent or legal guardian if the participant is under 18 years of age. Participant behavioral records shall be released only in the presence of an individual qualified to explain or interpret the records.
(4) The office may adopt rules to provide the circumstances under which participant names or records may be made available for inspection when:
(a) Ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(b) Necessary to protect the health or safety of a participant or another.
(c) Necessary to provide information to state and local agencies administering ORS 412.001 (Definitions) to 412.161 (Policy on two-parent families) and 412.991 (Criminal penalties) and ORS chapters 418 and 657, other programs under the federal Workforce Investment Act of 1998 and other mandatory programs under this states one-stop service delivery system.
(d) Necessary for program staff work or studies of a statistical or demographic nature.
(e) Necessary to carry out the planning and coordinating functions between state and local agencies under Title I-B of the federal Workforce Investment Act, other applicable state laws or those functions assigned by the Education and Workforce Policy Advisor. [Formerly 285A.446; 2015 c.366 §60]