2011 ORS § 660.321¹
State Workforce Investment Board
(1) A State Workforce Investment Board shall be created under section 2821(b) and (c) of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 to assist in the development of the State Unified Workforce Plan established under ORS 660.324 (Duties of state board) and to carry out the other functions described by the federal Act.
(2) The membership of the board must be in accordance with the requirements of section 2821(b) of the federal Act.
(3) Representatives of business described in section 2821(b)(1)(C)(i) of the federal Act who are appointed to the board must be confirmed by the Senate in the manner prescribed under ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(4) The Governor shall select a chairperson in accordance with the requirements of section 2821(c) of the federal Act.
(5) A majority of the board must be representatives of business, as described in section 2821(b)(1)(C)(i) of the federal Act.
(6) Members of the Legislative Assembly appointed to the board are nonvoting members of the board and may act in an advisory capacity only.
(7) To transact business at a meeting of the board, a quorum of voting members must participate. A quorum consists of a majority of the voting members. At least 25 percent of the members participating must be representatives of business, as described in section 2821(b)(1)(C)(i) of the federal Act.
(8) Members of the board are not entitled to compensation, but may be reimbursed for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred by them in the performance of their official duties in the manner and amount provided for in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [Formerly 411.926; 2005 c.242 §1; 2011 c.272 §8]