2015 ORS § 659A.127¹
Permitted employer action
ORS 659A.112 (Employment discrimination) to 659A.139 (Construction of ORS 659A.103 to 659A.145) do not affect the ability of an employer to do any of the following:
(1) An employer may prohibit the transfer, offering, sale, purchase or illegal use of drugs at the workplace by any employee. An employer may prohibit possession of drugs except for drugs prescribed by a licensed health care professional.
(2) An employer may prohibit the use of alcohol at the workplace by any employee.
(3) An employer may require that employees not be under the influence of alcohol or illegally used drugs at the workplace.
(4) An employer may require that employees behave in conformance with the requirements established under the federal Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
(5) An employer may hold an employee who engages in the illegal use of drugs or who is an alcoholic to the same qualification standards for employment, job performance and behavior to which the employer holds other employees, even if the unsatisfactory performance or behavior is related to the alcoholism of or the illegal use of drugs by the employee.
(6) An employer may require that employees comply with all federal and state statutes and regulations regarding alcohol and the illegal use of drugs. [Formerly 659.444]