2011 ORS § 657A.610¹
- • terms
- • officers
- • duties
(1) The Commission for Child Care shall be comprised of 18 members, to include three representatives from the Legislative Assembly, one appointed by the President of the Senate and two appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives who shall serve as nonvoting members on matters other than those described in ORS 657A.600 (Commission for Child Care). Fifteen voting members shall be appointed as follows:
(a) Two persons who provide or engage in the provision of child care services at a child care facility certified or registered under ORS 657A.030 (Central Background Registry) and 657A.250 (Definitions for ORS 657A.030 and 657A.250 to 657A.450) to 657A.460 (Separate sleeping quarters not required for certain persons providing child care or babysitting services), one of whom must be a trainer of child care facility employees, appointed by the Governor;
(b) Two persons who are representatives of state or local government, one of whom is appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives and one by the President of the Senate;
(c) One person who is qualified by education or experience to render an opinion with regard to the tax and legal issues concerning child care appointed by the Governor;
(d) One person who is representative of for-profit businesses appointed by the President of the Senate;
(e) One person who is representative of not-for-profit businesses appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
(f) One person who is representative of labor appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
(g) One person who is representative of the business community appointed by the Governor;
(h) Two persons who are members at large appointed by the Governor;
(i) One person whose profession involves the physical and mental well-being of children appointed by the Governor;
(j) Two persons who are consumers of child care, as defined in ORS 657A.250 (Definitions for ORS 657A.030 and 657A.250 to 657A.450), one of whom is receiving or is qualified to receive state-subsidized child care assistance, one appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives and one by the President of the Senate; and
(k) One person who is a representative of a child care resource and referral agency appointed by the Governor.
(2) Appointed members shall serve for three-year terms. Legislators shall serve two-year terms.
(3) The Governor shall designate the chairperson of the commission to serve for a term of one year.
(4) Members shall meet at the call of the chairperson no more than once every 30 days.
(5) Consistent with Oregon law, the Child Care Division on behalf of the commission may receive and accept grants, gifts and other funds and disburse such grants, gifts or other funds for purposes consistent with the purposes of the commission.
(6) The commission shall make recommendations to the Director of the Employment Department regarding staffing or contracting for staff services necessary to assist the commission in the performance of its duties. [1985 c.753 §2; 1989 c.121 §3; 1991 c.67 §108; 1993 c.344 §26; 1995 c.278 §26; 1999 c.743 §18; 2001 c.91 §1]