2013 ORS § 652.210¹
Definitions for ORS 652.210 to 652.230
As used in ORS 652.210 (Definitions for ORS 652.210 to 652.230) to 652.230 (Employee right of action against employer for unpaid wages and damages), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Employee means any individual who, otherwise than as a copartner of the employer, as an independent contractor or as a participant in a work training program administered under the state or federal assistance laws, renders personal services wholly or partly in this state to an employer who pays or agrees to pay such individual at a fixed rate. However, when services are rendered only partly in this state, an individual is not an employee unless the contract of employment of the employee has been entered into, or payments thereunder are ordinarily made or to be made, within this state.
(2) Employer means any person employing one or more employees, including the State of Oregon or any political subdivision thereof or any county, city, district, authority, public corporation or entity and any of their instrumentalities organized and existing under law or charter. Employer does not include the federal government.
(3) Rate with reference to wages means the basis of compensation for services by an employee for an employer and includes compensation based on the time spent in the performance of the services, on the number of operations accomplished or on the quantity produced or handled.
(4) Unpaid wages means the difference between the wages actually paid to an employee and the wages required under ORS 652.220 (Prohibition of discriminatory wage rates based on sex) to be paid to the employee.
(5) Wages means all compensation for performance of service by an employee for an employer, whether paid by the employer or another person, including cash value of all compensation paid in any medium other than cash. [1955 c.193 §1; 1985 c.100 §1; 1987 c.158 §124; 1993 c.739 §25; 2005 c.22 §457]