2011 ORS § 646A.430¹
Definitions for ORS 646A.430 to 646A.450
As used in ORS 646A.430 (Definitions for ORS 646A.430 to 646A.450) to 646A.450 (Rules):
(1) Consumer means a person in this state who purchases a vehicle protection product or who possesses a vehicle protection product and is entitled to enforce a warranty for the product by reason of the persons possession.
(2) Reimbursement insurance policy means an insurance policy issued to a warrantor that:
(a) Reimburses the warrantor for expenses or other obligations the warrantor incurs in complying with the terms and conditions in a vehicle protection product warranty; or
(b) Pays on a warrantors behalf all obligations due under the terms and conditions of the warrantors vehicle protection product warranty.
(3) Reimbursement insurer means an insurer that issues a reimbursement insurance policy.
(4) Seller means a person engaged in the business of offering a vehicle protection product for sale to a consumer.
(5) Vehicle protection product means a product, system or service that is designed to prevent a particular type of loss or damage to a vehicle from theft, and that is:
(a) Provided as a product or system that is installed on or applied to a vehicle or provided as a service for a specific vehicle; and
(b) Accompanied by a written warranty.
(6) Warrantor means a person named under the terms of a vehicle protection product warranty as the contractual obligor to the consumer. Warrantor does not include an authorized insurer that provides a warranty reimbursement insurance policy. [2007 c.685 §1]