2015 ORS § 646A.034¹
- • contents
A contract for the sale of health spa services must be in writing and a copy must be given to the buyer at the time the buyer signs the contract. The contract must contain all of the following:
(1) Identification of the person providing the health spa services.
(2) A description of the health spa services to be provided, or acknowledgment in a conspicuous form that the buyer has received a written description of the health spa services to be provided. If any of the health spa services are to be delivered at a planned facility, at a facility under construction or through substantial improvement to an existing facility, the description must include a date for the completion of the facility, construction or improvement.
(3) A complete statement of the rules of the health spa or an acknowledgment in a conspicuous form that the buyer has received a copy of the rules.
(4) A statement of the duration of the obligation of the health spa to provide health spa services to the buyer. The duration shall not exceed three years from the date of the contract.
(5) A provision for cancellation of the contract:
(a) If the buyer dies or becomes physically unable to use a substantial portion of those health spa services used by the buyer from the date of the contract until the time of disability. The contract may require that disability be confirmed by an examination of a physician agreeable to the buyer and the health spa.
(b) If the health spa goes out of business.
(c) If the health spa moves its facility closest to the residence of the buyer on the date of the contract to a location more than five additional miles from that residence.
(d) If a facility, construction or improvement is not completed by the date represented in the contract.
(e) If the health spa materially changes the health spa services promised as a part of the initial contract.
(6) A provision for a refund upon cancellation in an amount computed by dividing the contract price by the number of weeks in the contract term and multiplying the result by the number of weeks remaining in the contract term.
(7) A provision under a conspicuous caption in capital letters and boldfaced type stating:
If you wish to cancel this contract, without penalty, you may cancel it by delivering or mailing a written notice to the health spa. The notice must say that you do not wish to be bound by the contract and must be delivered or mailed before midnight of the third business day after you sign this contract. The notice must be mailed to: _________(insert name and mailing address of health spa). If you cancel within the three days, the health spa will return to you within 15 days all amounts you have paid.
______________________________________________________________________________ [Formerly 646.671 [bad link]]