2011 ORS § 632.940¹
Inspection and classification of horticultural and agricultural products by department
- • fees and charges
(1) Except as provided in ORS 632.945 (Procedure for department inspection and classification), the State Department of Agriculture may designate an employee or agent of the department to inspect or classify horticultural and agricultural products, or the processes used in connection with those products, when those services are requested by persons having an interest in the products or processes.
(2) The department may ascertain and certify to the interested persons the grade, classification, quality, condition or amount of the products, the processes used in connection with the products or other pertinent facts relating to the products or processes that the persons may request.
(3) The department may fix, assess and collect, or cause to be collected, fees for the services performed by employees or agents of the department under this section. The fees must have a uniform basis and be in an amount reasonably necessary to cover the cost of the inspection and administration of this section. The department shall adjust the fees to be collected under this section to meet the expenses necessary to carry out the provisions of this section, and may prescribe a different scale of fees for different localities.
(4) The department may prescribe a reasonable charge for traveling expenses and services if performing the services described in this section involves unusual cost to the department.
(5) All fees and charges received by the department under this section and ORS 632.211 (Establishment of grades and standards), 632.425 (Fees for inspecting and grading), 632.600 (Inspection districts) and 632.945 (Procedure for department inspection and classification) must be deposited in the Department of Agriculture Service Fund, and are continuously appropriated to the department for the enforcement of this section and ORS 632.211 (Establishment of grades and standards), 632.425 (Fees for inspecting and grading), 632.600 (Inspection districts) and 632.945 (Procedure for department inspection and classification). [Formerly 616.445; 1979 c.499 §29; 1997 c.410 §3; 2003 c.602 §5]