2015 ORS § 596.392¹
Authority of department relating to disease control
The State Department of Agriculture may order and compel:
(1) The destruction or treatment of any livestock that may be infected with, exposed to or may be a carrier of a disease.
(2) The destruction of feed, bedding and watering and feeding troughs or receptacles, feed racks, bins, sheds or any similar property which is or may have been contaminated with a disease and may be capable of causing the transmission of the disease to other livestock, if such property cannot be disinfected or otherwise treated to adequately and effectively destroy the causative disease agent.
(3) The disposal of the carcasses of livestock which have been ordered destroyed by the department in a manner which will effectively prevent the further spread of a disease.
(4) The summary quarantine of any livestock which may be infected with, exposed to or the carrier of a disease and may subject such livestock to any test, treatment or other action as the department orders as a condition for release from quarantine.
(5) The summary quarantine of any premises or vehicles where any livestock infected with, exposed to or a carrier of a disease are or have been confined.
(6) The thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all premises or property that may be contaminated with a disease and which may be capable of causing its transmission to other livestock. The department shall prescribe the method and procedures by which such cleaning and disinfecting shall be accomplished. [1953 c.689 §5; 1955 c.557 §22]