2015 ORS § 596.311¹
Examination, testing or treatment of livestock at owners request before shipment
- • issuance of health certificates
- • collection and disposition of fees
(1) Deputy state veterinarians may:
(a) Examine, test or treat livestock for intrastate or interstate shipment, when requested so to do by the owner or shipper for a fee payable to the veterinarian by the person requesting the examination, testing or treatment.
(b) Issue official health certificates on forms and subject to the rules and regulations of the State Department of Agriculture with reference thereto.
(2) If a deputy state veterinarian is not available for the purpose of subsection (1) of this section, assistant state veterinarians may examine, test or treat livestock at the request of the owner or shipper. The department shall be paid a reasonable fee to compensate it for all costs incurred in furnishing this service.
(3) The department shall prepare and cause to have printed health certificate forms or blanks which shall be distributed without charge to deputy state veterinarians.
(4) All moneys received by the department under this section shall be deposited in the State Treasury and credited to the Department of Agriculture Service Fund, and such funds are appropriated continuously to the department for administering and enforcing the provisions of this chapter. [1955 c.557 §10 (enacted in lieu of 596.310); 1979 c.499 §12]