2013 ORS § 568.410¹
Formation of district
A soil and water conservation district may be formed in the following manner:
(1) The board of directors appointed under ORS 568.400 (Appointment of first directors of district) shall present to the Secretary of State an application signed and sworn to by them, which shall set forth the procedure followed in the formation of the district.
(2) The application shall be accompanied by a map of uniform scale showing the location and legal boundaries of the district and by a statement by the State Department of Agriculture. The statement shall certify that the district was formed in compliance with ORS 568.300 (Petition for formation of district) to 568.790 (County funds for personnel and other uses).
(3) The Secretary of State shall examine the application and statement. If the Secretary of State finds that the name proposed for the district is not identical with that of any other district of this state or so nearly similar as to lead to confusion or uncertainty, the Secretary of State shall receive and file them and shall record them in an appropriate book of record in the office of the secretary.
(4) If the Secretary of State finds that the name proposed for the district is identical with that of any other soil and water conservation district of this state or so nearly similar as to lead to confusion and uncertainty, the Secretary of State shall notify the department. The department shall submit to the Secretary of State a new name for the district that is not identical or substantially similar to the name of any other district.
(5) Upon receipt of the new name, the Secretary of State shall record the application and statement, with the name so modified.
(6) The formation of the district is final when the application and statement have been made, filed and recorded as provided in this section. [Amended by 1955 c.142 §11; 1973 c.656 §4; 1981 c.92 §17; 1983 c.83 §106a; 2003 c.802 §146; 2009 c.220 §11]