2011 ORS § 561.362¹
Activities of Oregon State University
Oregon State University shall have full authority and responsibility:
(1) For resident instruction in all branches of agriculture.
(2) For research and experimentation in all branches and phases of agriculture as set forth in federal and state laws creating, maintaining and defining the work of the agricultural experiment stations.
(3) For educational and demonstrational work in all branches and phases of agriculture under authority of all federal and state laws creating, maintaining and defining the work of the Agricultural Extension Service.
(4) For collection and dissemination of statistical information bearing upon crop and market conditions and trends of agricultural production, including agricultural outlook reports and market news reports.
(5) To conduct educational work in the field of marketing, which includes information, advice and assistance relative to organizing and operating cooperative associations and marketing agencies, in accordance with the division of functions set forth in this chapter.
(6) For coordinating any activities of the agricultural extension service related to a watershed enhancement project approved by the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board under ORS 541.932 (Watershed enhancement project assistance) with activities of other cooperating state and federal agencies participating in the project. [Formerly 561.080]