2015 ORS § 547.010¹
Petition to form district
- • contents
For the purpose mentioned in ORS 547.005 (Authority to form drainage district), the owners may prepare and sign a petition in which shall be stated:
(1) The name proposed for the district.
(2) The boundary lines of the district, or a description of all the lands included therein, with an allegation that such lands constitute a contiguous body of swamp, wet or overflowed lands, or irrigated lands the waters from which contribute to the swamp, wet or overflowed condition of those or other lands.
(3) The total acreage included in the district, and if land in more than one county is included, then the acreage in each county.
(4) The names of the owners of land in the district as shown by the county records, and the acreage owned by each owner.
(5) An allegation that the proposed reclamation or protection is for sanitary or agricultural purposes, or both, and that the proposed reclamation or protection will be conducive to the public health or welfare or of public utility or benefit.
(6) An allegation that all the lands included in the proposed district are properly included, and will be beneficially affected by the operations of the proposed district.
(7) An allegation that the benefits of the proposed reclamation or protection will exceed the damage to be done and that the best interests of the land included and of the owners of such land as a whole, and of the public at large, will be promoted by the formation and proposed operations of the district.
(8) An allegation that the formation of a drainage district under the provisions of this chapter is a proper and advantageous method of accomplishing the reclamation and protection of the lands included therein.
(9) A brief, general, informal statement of a proposed plan of reclamation or protection and such general facts as will enable the court to determine that there is a reasonable probability that the objects sought by the formation of the district may be accomplished.
(10) An agreement that the signers will pay any expenses incurred and any charges imposed and billed to the signers, for the purpose of paying the expense of organizing or attempting to organize the proposed district.
(11) A prayer asking that the lands described, or such of them as may be found by the court to be properly included in the proposed district, either permanently or until further investigation and surveys may permit elimination, shall be declared organized into a drainage district. [Amended by 1991 c.459 §425]