2015 ORS § 526.801¹
Definitions for ORS 526.801 to 526.831 and 526.992
As used in ORS 526.801 (Definitions for ORS 526.801 to 526.831 and 526.992) to 526.831 (Contract cancellation for timber export violation) and 526.992 (Criminal and civil penalties for timber export violation):
(1) Export means that unprocessed timber is loaded on a vessel or other conveyance with a foreign destination or is present at a facility such as a port or dock with intent to load it on a vessel or other conveyance with a foreign destination.
(2) Person means an individual, a partnership, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association or any other legal entity. Person includes any subsidiary subcontractor, parent company or other affiliate. Business entities are considered affiliates when one controls or has the power to control the other or when both are controlled directly or indirectly by a third person.
(3) Private lands means lands within the State of Oregon owned by a person. Private lands does not include federal lands or nonfederal public lands, or any lands the title to which is:
(a) Held in trust by the United States for the benefit of any Indian tribe or individual.
(b) Held by any Indian tribe or individual subject to a restriction by the United States against alienation.
(4) Public body means an agency of the State of Oregon or of any other political subdivision.
(5) Public lands means lands owned by the State of Oregon or by any other political subdivision.
(6) Unprocessed timber means trees or portions of trees or other roundwood not processed to standards and specifications suitable for end product use. Unprocessed timber does not include timber processed into any one of the following:
(a) Lumber or construction timbers, meeting current American Lumber Standards Grades or Pacific Lumber Inspection Bureau Export R or N list grades, sawn on four sides, not intended for remanufacture.
(b) Lumber, construction timbers, or cants for remanufacture, meeting current American Lumber Standards Grades or Pacific Lumber Inspection Bureau Export R or N list clear grades, sawn on four sides, not to exceed 12 inches (nominal) in thickness.
(c) Lumber, construction timbers or cants for remanufacture, that do not meet the grades referred to in paragraph (b) of this subsection and are sawn on four sides, with wane less than one-fourth of any face, not exceeding eight and three-fourths inches in thickness.
(d) Chips, pulp or pulp products.
(e) Veneer or plywood.
(f) Poles, posts or piling cut or treated with preservatives for use as such.
(g) Shakes or shingles.
(h) Aspen or other pulpwood bolts, not exceeding 100 inches in length, exported for processing into pulp.
(i) Pulp logs or cull logs processed at domestic pulp mills, domestic chip plants or other domestic operations for the purpose of conversion of the logs into chips.
(j) Firewood cut in pieces 48 inches or less in length. [1991 c.942 §2]