2013 ORS § 496.450¹
Application for project
- • subjects for projects
- • conditions for approval
(1) Any citizen or group of citizens may submit to the State Fish and Wildlife Commission a proposal for a project consistent with the recovery or sustainability of native stocks to be implemented under the salmon and trout enhancement program or may submit a request for advice and assistance in developing such a project.
(2) An enhancement project may include, but is not limited to, habitat improvement, installation and operation of streamside incubators, brood stock development, fish stocking and spawning ground surveys and data collection.
(3) The commission shall approve for implementation only those enhancement projects based on sound biological principles and shall use fish stocks most adapted to the project locale. To the greatest extent practicable, a project must be designed to maximize survival, adult returns and genetic diversity while minimizing disease.
(4) Conditions for approval by the commission for implementation of a project include but are not limited to:
(a) Provisions satisfactory to the commission for inspection and evaluation of the implementation of a project; and
(b) Provisions satisfactory to the commission for controlling the expenditure of and accounting for any funds granted by the commission for implementation of the project. [1981 c.317 §6; 2003 c.463 §3]