2015 ORS § 480.290¹
Requirements for person driving vehicle transporting explosives
(1) Each person who drives or has charge of a vehicle transporting explosives must comply with the requirements of the United States Department of Transportation.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, the driver of a vehicle transporting any quantity of explosives must attend the vehicle at all times.
(3) The driver of a vehicle transporting explosives may leave the vehicle unattended only at a designated location that has been approved for such parking by the State Fire Marshal or by the local government agency that has responsibility for fire protection.
(4) A vehicle which contains explosives must not be parked within 300 feet of any bridge, tunnel, dwelling, building or place where people work, congregate or assemble except for brief periods when the necessities of operation require the vehicle to be parked and make it impracticable to park the vehicle in any other place.
(5) As used in this section, a vehicle is attended when the person in charge of the vehicle is on the vehicle, awake and not in a sleeper berth, or is within 100 feet of the vehicle and has it within unobstructed field of view.
(6) All vehicles containing explosives shall display appropriate placards conforming to the requirements of the United States Department of Transportation. [1985 c.165 §2; 1999 c.980 §12; 2009 c.164 §4]