2013 ORS § 480.200¹
Definitions for ORS 480.200 to 480.290
As used in ORS 480.200 (Definitions for ORS 480.200 to 480.290) to 480.290 (Requirements for person driving vehicle transporting explosives) unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Certificate of possession means a certificate issued under ORS 480.235 (Waiting period for issuance of certificate of possession) by the State Fire Marshal to applicants who have met the requirements of ORS 480.200 (Definitions for ORS 480.200 to 480.290) to 480.290 (Requirements for person driving vehicle transporting explosives).
(2) Certificate of registration means a certificate of registration issued under ORS 480.244 (Storage facility approval) by the State Fire Marshal for an explosives magazine.
(3) Explosive means a chemical compound, mixture or device, the primary or common purpose of which is to function by explosion. The term includes, but is not limited to, dynamite, pellet powder, initiating explosives, detonators, safety fuses, squibs, detonating cord, igniter cord and igniters, but excludes fireworks, as defined in ORS 480.111 (Definitions for ORS 480.111 to 480.165), black powder, smokeless powder, small arms ammunition, small arms ammunition primers and fertilizer, as defined in ORS 633.311 (Definitions for ORS 633.311 to 633.479).
(4) Issuing authority means the State Fire Marshal or an assistant appointed by the State Fire Marshal under ORS 480.280 (Administration and enforcement by State Fire Marshal) (2).
(5) Magazine means an approved facility for the storage of explosives.
(6) Small arms ammunition means a shotgun, rifle, pistol or revolver cartridge.
(7) Small arms ammunition primers means small percussion-sensitive explosive charges encased in a cup and used to ignite propellant powder. [1971 c.518 §1; 1983 c.100 §3; 1999 c.980 §1; 2001 c.914 §26; 2013 c.24 §10]