2013 ORS § 479.905¹
Definitions for ORS 479.870 and 479.905 to 479.945
For the purposes of ORS 479.870 (Electrical and Elevator Board to prescribe uniform fee calculation and permit format) and 479.905 (Definitions for ORS 479.870 and 479.905 to 479.945) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractors license), except where the context requires otherwise:
(1) Class A limited energy technician means a person licensed to install, alter and repair all limited energy systems.
(2) Class B limited energy technician means a person licensed to install, alter and repair all limited energy systems that do not include protective signaling, including but not limited to:
(c) Boiler controls;
(d) Intercom and paging systems;
(e) Clock systems;
(f) Data telecommunication installations; and
(3) HVAC means thermostat and associated control wiring of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. HVAC does not include boiler controls.
(4) Limited energy electrical activity means installation, alteration, maintenance, replacement or repair of electrical wiring and electrical products that do not exceed 100 volt-amperes in Class 2 and Class 3 installations, or that do not exceed 300 volt-amperes for landscape low voltage lighting systems that are cord connected to a ground fault circuit interrupter receptacle, under the electrical specialty code and the Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code.
(5) Protective signaling includes fire alarm, nurse call, burglar alarm, security and voice evacuation systems and other systems that are part of a fire or life safety system. [1991 c.529 §3; 1999 c.519 §1; 2001 c.728 §4; 2003 c.675 §45]