2011 ORS § 473.030¹
Tax on wines and malt beverages
(1) A tax is imposed upon the privilege of engaging in business as a manufacturer or as an importing distributor of malt beverages at the rate of $2.60 [bad link] per barrel of 31 gallons on all such beverages.
(2) A tax is imposed upon the privilege of engaging in business as a manufacturer or as an importing distributor of wines at the rate of 65 cents per gallon on all such beverages.
(3) In addition to the tax imposed by subsection (2) of this section, a manufacturer or an importing distributor of wines containing more than 14 percent alcohol by volume shall be taxed at the rate of 10 cents per gallon.
(4) In addition to the taxes imposed by subsections (2) and (3) of this section, a manufacturer or an importing distributor of wines shall be taxed at the rate of two cents per gallon. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, all moneys collected by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission pursuant to this subsection shall be paid into the account established by the Oregon Wine Board under ORS 182.470 (Depository accounts for moneys collected or received by semi-independent state agencies).
(5) The rates of tax imposed by this section upon malt beverages apply proportionately to quantities in containers of less capacity than those quantities specified in this section.
(6) The taxes imposed by this section shall be measured by the volume of wine or malt beverages produced, purchased or received by any manufacturer. If the wine or malt beverage remains unsold and in the possession of the producer at the plant where it was produced, no tax imposed or levied by this section is required to be paid until the wine or malt beverage has become sufficiently aged for marketing at retail, but this subsection shall not be construed so as to alter or affect any provision of this chapter relating to tax liens or the filing of statements. [Amended by 1974 c.4 §9; 1975 c.424 §3; 1977 c.856 §19; 1983 c.651 §9; 1987 c.608 §3; 1995 c.301 §23; 1997 c.249 §176; 1999 c.351 §79; 2003 c.797 §22]