2015 ORS § 469.060¹
Comprehensive energy plan
- • energy pricing structures research
(1) Every odd-numbered year, the State Department of Energy shall transmit to the Governor and the Legislative Assembly a comprehensive plan including comments on the energy forecasts of the utilities and on the departments independent analysis and evaluation. The plan shall be designed to identify emerging trends related to energy supply, need and conservation and public health and safety factors, to estimate the level of statewide energy need for each year in the forthcoming five-year period and for the 10th and 20th year following issuance of the plan.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 469.030 (State Department of Energy) (2)(c), the department shall conduct research into all energy pricing structures, relating price to consumption and considering the interchangeability of the various energy forms. In conducting the research, the department shall consider matters including, but not limited to, price elasticity, cross elasticity of demand and energy rate structures, as well as the rate structure studies of the Public Utility Commission. This research shall be submitted biennially to the Legislative Assembly and the Governor as a part of the plan described in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) Consistent with the legislatively approved budget, the plan described in subsections (1) and (2) of this section shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) An inventory of existing energy resources available to Oregon.
(b) An estimation of the potential contribution that various energy resources could make in satisfying Oregons future energy needs consistent with the policy stated in ORS 469.010 (Policy) and where appropriate, the energy plan and fish and wildlife program adopted by the Pacific Northwest Electric Power and Conservation Planning Council pursuant to P.L. 96-501.
(c) Recommendations for state and local governments to assist in the development and maximum use of cost-effective conservation and renewable resources, consistent with the policy stated in ORS 469.010 (Policy) and, where appropriate, the energy plan and fish and wildlife program adopted by the Pacific Northwest Electric Power and Conservation Planning Council pursuant to P.L. 96-501.
(d) Recommendations for proposed research, development and demonstration projects and programs necessary to evaluate the availability and cost-effectiveness of conservation and renewable resources in Oregon.
(4) The plan described in this section shall be compiled by organizing and refining data acquired by the department in the performance of its existing duties. [1975 c.606 §8; 1983 c.273 §1; 1989 c.466 §1; 1995 c.505 §5; 1995 c.551 §19a]