2015 ORS § 465.375¹
Monthly fee of operators
- • amount
- • use of moneys
(1) Every person who operates a facility for the purpose of disposing of hazardous waste or PCB that is subject to interim status or a permit issued under ORS 466.005 (Definitions for ORS 453.635 and 466.005 to 466.385) to 466.385 (Amendment of comprehensive plan and land use regulations) and 466.992 (Civil penalties for damage to wildlife resulting from contamination of food or water supply) shall pay a hazardous waste management fee by the 45th day after the last day of each month for all waste brought into the facility during that month for treatment by incinerator or for disposal by landfill at the facility. The operator of the facility shall provide to every person who disposes of waste at the facility a statement showing the amount of the hazardous waste management fee paid by the person to the facility.
(2) The hazardous waste management fee under subsection (1) of this section shall be $20 a ton.
(3) In addition to the fee required under subsection (2) of this section, $10 per ton shall be included as part of the hazardous waste management fee for waste described in subsection (1) of this section.
(4) The additional amounts collected under subsection (3) of this section shall be deposited in the State Treasury to the credit of an account of the Department of Environmental Quality. Such moneys are continuously appropriated to the department to be used to carry out the departments duties under ORS 466.005 (Definitions for ORS 453.635 and 466.005 to 466.385) to 466.385 (Amendment of comprehensive plan and land use regulations) related to the management of hazardous waste.
(5) At least 50 percent of the fees collected under subsection (3) of this section shall be used by the department to implement ORS 466.068 (Technical assistance and information program for generators of hazardous waste). [Formerly 466.587; 1991 c.721 §1; 1995 c.552 §1; 2005 c.622 §1]