2011 ORS § 463.125¹
- • term
- • officers
- • administrator
- • qualifications
- • meetings
- • voting
- • expenses
(1) The Oregon State Athletic Commission shall consist of five members appointed by the Superintendent of State Police for terms of four years. A member may not serve more than two terms. Membership shall represent distinct geographic areas. The Portland metropolitan area, central Willamette Valley and two other areas shall be represented. Vacancies occurring shall be filled by appointment in the same manner for the balance of the unexpired term. A member of the commission may be removed from office by the superintendent for cause. Each member of the commission, before entering upon the duties of office, shall take and subscribe to an oath to perform the duties of this office faithfully, impartially and justly to the best of the members ability.
(2) The chairperson and vice chairperson shall be elected from among the members at the first meeting of each calendar year or when a vacancy exists.
(3) An administrator shall be appointed by the superintendent using the State Personnel Relations Law to establish suitable qualifications and compensation. The administrator shall be required to demonstrate adequate knowledge and experience related to boxing and mixed martial arts.
(4) The superintendent may employ other personnel as necessary.
(5) The commission may meet once a month at a time and place agreed upon. Special additional meetings may be called by the administrator or at the request of one or more members of the commission.
(6) Three members of the commission shall constitute a quorum.
(7) Three votes shall constitute a majority.
(8) Members of the commission and representatives of the commission shall be paid per diem and travel expenses as designated under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) when conducting the business of the commission. [1987 c.789 §4; 1993 c.742 §124; 1993 c.744 §211; 2007 c.585 §7]