2015 ORS § 460.045¹
Permits, licenses, certificates and authorizations required
A person may not:
(1) Engage in the business of installation, alteration, repair or maintenance of an elevator without an elevator contractor license issued under ORS 460.005 (Definitions for ORS 460.005 to 460.175) to 460.175 (Disposition of fees) or 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractors license).
(2) Install, alter, repair or maintain an elevator unless the person possesses a valid license issued under ORS 460.059 (Limited apprentice license) or 479.630 (Requirements for obtaining licenses) (6).
(3) Install, alter, or commence to install or alter, an elevator covered by ORS 460.005 (Definitions for ORS 460.005 to 460.175) to 460.175 (Disposition of fees) unless the Department of Consumer and Business Services has issued an installation permit.
(4) Permit or suffer an elevator to be operated, without a valid temporary operation authorization or current operating permit, on property that the person owns, controls, manages or supervises.
(5) Act or offer to act as a certified elevator inspector unless the person has a current certificate of competency as an elevator inspector issued by the department.
(6) Place in service a new or altered elevator without a current operating permit issued after a satisfactory acceptance inspection made by the department and satisfactory acceptance tests performed in the presence of a member of the departments staff of elevator inspectors.
(7) Place in service an elevator that has caused an injury to a person or persons unless permission has been obtained from the department. [1961 c.427 §5; 1973 c.528 §4; 1999 c.1031 §4; 2005 c.616 §3; 2009 c.696 §4]